Business in Recruitment – Strategies to Generate More Business.
Many recruitment companies, regardless of whether in Singapore or anywhere in the world, face the same problem: they are not able to generate enough business and sales to break-even or even make money. As such, many of these recruitment companies are not able to survive and eventually have to close down and either work for another company or switch to another industry.
To generate more business for your recruitment company, you will need to follow the steps:
1) Have a powerful website – When you meet someone, most of the time, you will judge how he dresses and how well he communicates. It is the same way online—you need to dress well on your website, which means your website must be quality work done by a professional designer. Do not just DIY and save money; an expert will usually create something better than you can—and you WILL be judged by your website. The content of the website must be great; don’t just copy and paste from another website. The reader will know, if they are smart enough. In short, make an effort to put aside some funds for your website. It will be worthwhile.
2) Have a corporate email address– Do not use the free email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail. If you have corporate business, you need to project a corporate image. Having a FREE email account will never give a great impression. This is a very basic requirement, and it is quite surprising that there are still many people using a FREE email account for their corporate business.
3) Engage in Search Engine Optimization – Do ensure your website is optimized. You see, a website without relevant traffic is like opening a shop without any customers. Your presence in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, and others will bring many visitors to your website. On my website www.dougleschan.com, which is branded as The Recruitment Guru, I have over 53.24% of my visitors coming directly from search engine itself. This is just a snap shot of how search engines can really bring your business to another level. However, be very cautious—if you are new to search engines, I would suggest that you read plenty of books in this area. If you are not careful, you can be seriously burned in this business when you are not totally familiar with it.
4) Engage in social media – You will need to be visible to the public. This is part of branding and marketing. The cost is very cheap, and it will have a positive effect on your business. Some of the social media platforms you can engage in are Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and many more…if you are still not into this, make an effort to do so….
5) Use technology to the maximum – In this Internet era, if you are still using fax machines, (I assume you are NOT!) please throw them away and move yourself to a different generation. In this era, we are using email marketing, harvesting software, SEO, SEM, SMO, Stumbleupon, Pinterest, etc. You see, it’s all about technology, and with technology, it is like having 20-50 full time people working for you at once….It is simply amazing—you just need to know how and what to use.